ARRMA – 1/8 Typhon 6S BLX Brushless 1/8 4WD Speed Buggy RTR (ARAD80**)
This is the RTR Brushless Powered Typhon 6S BLX Speed Buggy from ARRMA. FEATURES: Aluminum chassis, waterproof 150A ESC w/cooling fan, nylon rear wing, fluid filled gear diffs, 2050Kv motor, pivot ball front suspension REQUIRES: Two 2-3S or one 4-6S LiPo battery, charger, charging bag, 4 AA cells, track & maintenance equip.
Introducing The ARRMA TYPHON 6S BLX 2018
ARRMA – 1/8 Typhon 6S BLX Brushless 1/8 4WD Features
- Chassis: 0.12″ (3mm) thick aluminum, with composite plastic side guards, and front and rear composite chassis braces
- Drive: Four wheel shaft drive
- Motor: BLX 2050Kv brushless with aluminum motor mount, 12T pinion gear
- Radio: 2.4GHz Tactic TTX300 w/user programmable 3rd channel, steering rate adjustment and TR325 receiver with failsafe
- Steering Servo: Arrma ADS-15M waterproof metal gear
- Radio Box: Waterproof, easily removed for servicing
- Electronic Speed Control: BLX185 150A with automatic setup w/male XT90 connectors, cooling fan, 6S capable
- Suspension: Race-proven roll bars, front and rear, tunable turnbuckles, pivot ball front suspension
- Differentials: Three gear type
- Tires: dBoots Exabyte multi-surface with foam inserts
- Wheels: Multi-spoke, black in color, diameter: 3.3″ (83mm), width: 1.6″ (41mm), hex size: 17mm
- Steering: Adjustable servo saver, aluminum servo horns for fast responsive steering, aluminum top plate
- Shocks: 16mm aluminum body, oil-filled
- Shock Towers: 0.20″ (5mm) thick aluminum. black anodized in color
- Body: Trimmed and painted, black nylon rear wing
- Camber: Adjustable rear only, camber refers to the angle of the tops of the tires from vertical when viewed from front or behind vehicle
- Caster: Adjustable, caster/toe-in refers to the angle of the front suspension when viewed from the side of the car in relation to the chassis
- Warranty: Two year limited beginning at date of purchase
ARRMA – 1/8 Typhon 6S BLX Brushless 1/8 4WD Overview
ARRMA – 1/8 Typhon 6S BLX Brushless 1/8 4WD Specification
- Vehicle Length: 20 in (508mm)
- Front Width: 12.2″ (310mm)
- Rear Width: 12 in (306mm)
- Height: 7.2 in (183mm)
- Wheelbase:12.9 (328mm)
- Ground Clearance: 1.0 in (25mm)
- Weight: 7.3lb (3.27kg)
- Internal Gear Ratio: 3.3:1
- Body Length: 12.8″ (325mm)
- Width: 7.2″ (183mm)
- Height: 3.9″ (100mm)
ARRMA – 1/8 Typhon 6S BLX Brushless 1/8 4WD Requires
- LiPo Battery: Two 2-3S 5000mAh 35C minimum LiPo with XT90 connector,
- Duratrax 11.1V 5000mAh 35C batteries recommended, or one 4-6S LiPo battery
- LiPo compatible charger and charging bag
- AA Batteries: Four for transmitter
- Maintenance and track equipment
ARRMA – 1/8 Typhon 6S BLX Brushless 1/8 4WD Includes
- RTR Typhon Speed Buggy with Brushless Motor
- 2.4GHz Radio
- Painted Body
- Instruction Manual
The BLX185 ESC was set from factory to default to a LiPo battery
If any adjustments such as recalibration were made, check to see
that the battery mode has not been inadvertently set to NiMH mode.
Follow these steps to verify battery mode;
1. Raise the vehicle chassis so that the wheels are not touching
2. With the battery or batteries charged and connected to the vehicle’s ESC leads, switch on the transmitter and then switch on the vehicle. If a green LED flashes once the ESC is in LiPo mode. If there is no LED flash on the ESC, and a pulsing noise is made by the motor, the ESC is in NiMH mode. If you intend to use LiPo batteries DO NOT operate ESC in NiMH mode, the batteries may be damaged.
To switch ESC from NiMH mode to LiPo mode perform the following
1. Connect battery, switch on transmitter, press and hold set button and turn on ESC. The red LED will flash.
2. Keep holding set button until green LED flashes. The number of flashes represents the variable number of attributes being programmed.
3. To enter the battery mode programming function, release the set button when one green LED flashes.
4. Press the set button to change battery mode between LiPo and NiMH. One RED LED flash indicates ESC is set to LiPo mode.
5. To save setting, switch ESC off.
Need more information about this product? We are here to help.
- Stop by Cincinnati’s Hobby Shop, Hobby Express (Click HERE for directions)
- Call us: 513-248-4666
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/hobbyohio
We are Cincinnati’s Premier Hobby Shop – Hobby Express